Friday, November 18, 2016

Day 1 travel

And so it begins! The long awaited trip to Guam and Japan starts today! I feel like this has been in the planning stages forever!

Started out this morning super early at the Marriott with the free shuttle to BOS Logan airport. Met a lovely retired couple on the shuttle- he had a USMC Vietnam Vet hat on so of course I had to chat with them! Told them all about the Little Golden Boy and wished them a safe journey on to Houston.

Extremely easy check in at the Delta counter and even easier slide through security (thanks to TSA Precheck!) and then waited for the flight. Was so ready to board and take my in flight nap!  After an uneventful 1.5 hour flight to DTW, I found the Delta SkyMiles Club and paid $29 for a few hour pass. I dont' normally do this but I knew that the next leg of the journey would be crazy long and I needed some peace and quiet and a place to rest the wonky knee. Amazingly it was really busy here but still managed to grab some free food, free wifi and do this "test" blog! This post is going to be super boring- but I wanted to test it out as I have been having some issues with my iPad of late. Hoping that it is just a glitch in the force, because I don't want to buy a new iPad!!

Well, a few hours and I will be on the big, bad plane to Tokyo!!  Who Hooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment